Olga
My aunt just died recently at the tender age of 49. She died immediately 40 days after my grandmother passed away which is significant because for 40 days after a family members death there is a very strong grieving proccess. For the first 9 days a candle is lit and food put out for the deceased. The other 31 days represent the whole period of the month where the time is used to remember the whole life time of achievement and deeds that were done by that person. My auntie told me over the phone "My mother is calling me" and on the 40th day she passed away.
In the dead of the night
The phone rings
Everyone sleeps
A moment of dejavu
And i find myself
Listening to the same thing
"This is Sergei Karnilov"
"From Xalopenechi Belarus"
"Vovachka, please let mom know"
"That our mother is gone"
The phone shatters into many pieces
A tear slides gently down my unshaven cheek
God has claimed another one of my kin
Oh my dear aunt Olga
There was so much life still left in you
Why did he have to come and take you
To what does me and my mom owe this to
All we ever wanted was to see you soon
My mother weeps and curses him
I too dont understand why
He had to ruin our lifes
Grandma called to her in her dreams
Her soothing voice taking her in
She now lays beside her mom
In the same place
The bitter cold Belorussian grave
Covering her pretty face
She leaves behind two sons
Along with me and my mom
Please sleep tight and have good dreams
Reunited with your loved ones
And have a place reserved for me
When I come up
To see your face.
R.I.P Olga Sergeovich Karnilova
1955-2004

1 Comments:
Vlad, I know what it is like to lose someone close to me, and I do have complete faith that when we die, we go somewhere much better than "earth".
I just wanted to say that I don't believe in coincidences in life, and the story about how your auntie told you her mother was calling her and then how she died that same day, it wasn't coincidence in my eyes. A similar experience happened to me except with my grandfather. Interesting how things work sometimes.
They say you know when you're going to die, and both of us have "experienced" that belief a little bit more than many others have.
Post a Comment
<< Home